Making the perfect cup of tea
needs loose leaf tea but sometimes there isn't the time so a tea bag comes in handy. Which do you use normally, bags or leaf?
Make sure you get the colour right
- This British tea colour chart may help those looking to perfect their brewing skills... http://www.tea-chart.co.uk
- —Guest Stu
- ilove loose tea because i get freshness from loose rathetr than teabag
- —Guest shabir
- Only the fannings and dust go into tea-bags, stuff that used to be ploughed back into the ground as fertiliser. Loose leaf, especially whole-leaf, China and Indian teas are far superior.
- —Guest David Bye
loose leaf and bags
- I use both. I do agree that loose tea does taste better, but I am a busy college student. In the morning I just use teabags.
- —Guest Alonna Hawkshead
Tea Leaves or Tea bags
- Loose tea always, it doesn't take any longer.
When you're finished empty the leaves onto yoyr herb garden or top the pot up to ater your indoor plants
- —Guest John Bromley
Depends On How Busy I Am!
- If I'm on my way to work, or at work, or just plain busy, I use bags. When I'm having a quiet and leisurely morning at home, I use loose leaf. In my daydreams when I have tremendous amounts of free time, I rise in the morning, brew a cup with loose leaf and read for a half an hour while I drink my tea.
- I want, very badly, to say loose leaf but the reality is I almost always end up using bags and deeply, deeply resenting it because I should be doing the thing properly!
Loose Leaf Green Tea
- Definately loose leaf! Watching gorgeous little green tea leaves unfurl in a pot or cup is so satisfying- and the flavor and aroma are so much more complex, compared to green tea in bags. It's a sensory thing for me.
- —Guest Teri Gruss
I love looseleaf
- but you can't buy it readily in the US, plus we make ourselves so busy that a tea "ceremony" with a pot and a stack of cookies and a good book is not often in the cards.
But loose leaf tea is still better quality than any bagged stuff.
- —Guest Jen
Lazy Tea Drinker
- I do believe that loose leaf tea tastes better. Sadly, I happen to be a lazy tea drinker and use tea bags.
- I probably don't know what I'm missing... but I really love a strong cup of black tea (from a teabag), with no milk or cream, but sweetened with a little bit of sugar or honey or agave nectar. I also love mint tea with honey in it.
- —Guest Nancy
- My favorite is loose leaf, but more often than not, I bow to convenience and pop a teabag in my cup.
- —Guest FionaH
- I use both. Morning cuppa in a hurry I reach for the bags. The weekend when I have more time, loose. I would use loose all the time if I could, it tastes better.