Fish an Chips
- Sea salt, black pepper, malt vinegar, Tartare sauce, fresh lemon
- —Guest Anthony
What do i put in my fish and chips?
- I always prefer salt, chillie and viniger.. As well as mustered sauce and tomatoe sauce.
- —Guest Patience
- Salt & Vinegar + HP Sauce, just like Harry Ramsden's
- Hit 'em with sea salt and ketchup that has a little balsamic vinegar mixed with it...try it!
- —Guest TrueBlue
Chip shop curry sauce
- Love the stuff! I prefer the sauce without sultanas though.
- —Guest Sophie
- My mum was an English war bride and she always had vinegar on her fish and chips and I wouldnt have it any other way! Yummers
- —Guest MaryAnn
no vinegar in New Zealand
- I am a pom living in New Zealand. Here, they don't put vinegar on fish and chips, a must for me. We have kept emergency vinegar in the car. If you mention it, you receive a put down. Must have vinegar!
- —Guest Cath
proper english fish chips
- Malt vinegar of course! Couldn't imagine eating fish & chips without it. Yummy ;)
- —Guest britgrl1
- Got to love mushy peas and gravy mmmmmmmm....... or.curry sauce :)
- —Guest David
- Balsamic vinegar as an alternative to malt is really nice, and it gives the chips a cool rustic brown look. So Balsamic and sea salt on chunky chips and light beer battered cod. Small portion size though as even a small portion is minimum 700 calories.
- —Guest Moderator
Mayo and Ketchup
- A blob of Mayo, same of Ketchup. dip into Mayo then Ketchup for the best tasting chipper chips :)
- —Guest juls
Also I like
- Poutine is also killer - Canadian bacon style
gravy cheese with bacon
- —Guest Pbrain
Absolutely anything - my favorites
- Lea & Pereins with soy sauce.
Sweet & Sour Sauce
- —Guest Pbrain
- i always have curry sauce with ketchup on my fish and chips, always washed down with a cup of tea
- —Guest loopyloo
Salt n Malt
- I always eat my battered fresh roe (it has to fresh NOT tinned) and chips with the traditional salt and malt vinegar while watching Dr Who!
- —Guest Michael C