Salt and vinegar
- Salt and vinegar are the only things you should ever put on fish and chips. Anything else destroys the meal utterly.
- —Guest Jak
Fish an Chips
- Sea salt, black pepper, malt vinegar, Tartare sauce, fresh lemon
- —Guest Anthony
proper english fish chips
- Malt vinegar of course! Couldn't imagine eating fish & chips without it. Yummy ;)
- —Guest britgrl1
- Got to love mushy peas and gravy mmmmmmmm....... or.curry sauce :)
- —Guest David
- Balsamic vinegar as an alternative to malt is really nice, and it gives the chips a cool rustic brown look. So Balsamic and sea salt on chunky chips and light beer battered cod. Small portion size though as even a small portion is minimum 700 calories.
- —Guest Moderator
Mayo and Ketchup
- A blob of Mayo, same of Ketchup. dip into Mayo then Ketchup for the best tasting chipper chips :)
- —Guest juls
Also I like
- Poutine is also killer - Canadian bacon style
gravy cheese with bacon
- —Guest Pbrain
Absolutely anything - my favorites
- Lea & Pereins with soy sauce.
Sweet & Sour Sauce
- —Guest Pbrain
- i always have curry sauce with ketchup on my fish and chips, always washed down with a cup of tea
- —Guest loopyloo
Salt n Malt
- I always eat my battered fresh roe (it has to fresh NOT tinned) and chips with the traditional salt and malt vinegar while watching Dr Who!
- —Guest Michael C
Beer Battered Cod Chips
- I eat mine with lashings of Colman's Tartare sauce and salt.
- —Guest Sonya
- I like mine with salt, pepper, vinegar and mayonnnaise.
- —Guest K
Fish and Chips
- I love my fish and chips with salt, pepper and vinegar and I also like cods roe sold in the chips shops.
- —Guest Jackie Clark
- I'm originally Canadian, but like my F&C the Brit way with Salt and Malt Vinegar!
- —Guest oldsewandsew
- Ketchup on fish and fries (ketchup is NOT tomato sauce) I'm american.
Message from Elaine Lemm:
Hi Dorothy, Here in Britain, we often call ketchup tomato sauce, so it gets a little confusing.
- —Guest Dorthy