From the article: All About Fish and Chips in Britain and Ireland
I like my fish and chips with just salt, my husband loves vinegar, some people like mayo but that's not for me. What do you put on yours, maybe nothing? What Do You Put on Yours?
What do i put in my fish and chips?
- I always prefer salt, chillie and viniger.. As well as mustered sauce and tomatoe sauce.
- —Guest Patience
- Salt & Vinegar + HP Sauce, just like Harry Ramsden's
- Hit 'em with sea salt and ketchup that has a little balsamic vinegar mixed with it...try it!
- —Guest TrueBlue
Chip shop curry sauce
- Love the stuff! I prefer the sauce without sultanas though.
- —Guest Sophie
- My mum was an English war bride and she always had vinegar on her fish and chips and I wouldnt have it any other way! Yummers
- —Guest MaryAnn
no vinegar in New Zealand
- I am a pom living in New Zealand. Here, they don't put vinegar on fish and chips, a must for me. We have kept emergency vinegar in the car. If you mention it, you receive a put down. Must have vinegar!
- —Guest Cath
proper english fish chips
- Malt vinegar of course! Couldn't imagine eating fish & chips without it. Yummy ;)
- —Guest britgrl1
- Got to love mushy peas and gravy mmmmmmmm....... or.curry sauce :)
- —Guest David
- Balsamic vinegar as an alternative to malt is really nice, and it gives the chips a cool rustic brown look. So Balsamic and sea salt on chunky chips and light beer battered cod. Small portion size though as even a small portion is minimum 700 calories.
- —Guest Moderator
Mayo and Ketchup
- A blob of Mayo, same of Ketchup. dip into Mayo then Ketchup for the best tasting chipper chips :)
- —Guest juls
Also I like
- Poutine is also killer - Canadian bacon style gravy cheese with bacon
- —Guest Pbrain
Absolutely anything - my favorites
- Lea & Pereins with soy sauce. Tartare sauce Sweet & Sour Sauce Korma Baked beans Chili egg yolks miso
- —Guest Pbrain
- i always have curry sauce with ketchup on my fish and chips, always washed down with a cup of tea
- —Guest loopyloo
Salt n Malt
- I always eat my battered fresh roe (it has to fresh NOT tinned) and chips with the traditional salt and malt vinegar while watching Dr Who!
- —Guest Michael C
Beer Battered Cod Chips
- I eat mine with lashings of Colman's Tartare sauce and salt.
- —Guest Sonya
1-15 of 27Next