This colorful and nutritious salad is so, so easy to make. The salad is good served alongside cold meats, quiche or simply on its own. If you can't find fresh thyme, don't worry. Try fresh basil instead.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 10½ oz 300g cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz /250g runner beans, top and tailed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C/gas mark 7.
- Place the cherry tomatoes in a roasting tin. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil and season. Roast on the highest shelf of the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the tomatoes are just starting to pop their skins.
- Meanwhile slice the beans into thin ribbons and blanch in boiling salted water for 1-2 minutes until just tender. Refresh under cold running water and drain well.
- Place the beans and tomatoes on a serving dish. Remove the leaves from the thyme and mix with the remaining oil and lemon juice. Season to taste, pour over the beans and serve straight away.