Everyone loves jelly as a summer dessert, especially a fresh strawberry one and with this strawberry jelly recipe you can see how easy it is to make.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup/ 200g fine/caster sugar
- 1 pint/ 600ml water
- 1 lb/500g fresh strawberries, washed and green stalk removed
- ¼ oz/ 11g powdered gelatin
- To make the strawberry jelly, place the sugar and water in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Boil for five minutes then leave to cool.
- Meanwhile take 4 or 5 of the fresh strawberries and keep to one side.
- Pulp the remaining strawberries with a hand blender. Place the strawberry pulp into a large basin and pour over the sugar and water syrup. Cover with a clean cloth and leave to infuse for thirty minutes.
- Once cool, pass the mixture through a fine sieve to remove any of the strawberry pulp and seeds. Keep to one side.
- Place ¼ cup of cold water into a small dish, sprinkle the powdered gelatin into the water and leave untouched for five minutes.
- Heat one cup of the strawberry and sugar syrup in a small saucepan. Add the powdered gelatin and the water, simmer very gently (do not allow to boil) until the gelatin has completely dissolved. Stir the dissolved gelatin into the strawberry liquid.
- Fill a 1½ pint jelly mould with the strawberry liquid. Place into the refrigerator and leave to set.
- To Serve: Decorate with the remaining strawberries and serve with fresh cream, ice cream or as desired.
Serve with fresh strawberries and/or whipped cream. A taste of summer.