Oyster are now farmed throughout Ireland. They are delicious fresh from the sea, or as here in this super-quick, Warmed Oysters with Chive Sauce Recipe. Great as a starter dish for a summer supper, or serve as a canape.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 oysters on the half shell, juices reserved
- 1 lb rock salt
- 1/2 stick butter/55g unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- A good handful of chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Handful fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Place the oysters on the half shell on a bed of rock salt in a heat-proof shallow dish. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- To make the sauce: melt the butter and add the vinegar. Bring to the boil and reduce until the sauce is syrupy. Stir in the chopped chives, lemon juice, and oyster juices.
- Divide the mixture between the oysters and place the dish under the grill for two minutes.
- Scatter some chopped parsley over the oysters and serve immediately.