Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 8 leeks, trimmed, washed and finely chopped in a food processor
- 2 sticks of celery, roughly chopped
- 50g/2oz Butter
- 1 tbsp light and mild olive oil
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and diced
- 1.5l/3 pt litres vegetable stock
- ¼ pt/150ml single cream
- 8oz/225g stilton, crumbled
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- Gently sweat the shredded leek and celery in the butter and olive oil for 5 minutes to soften. Add the diced potato and stock. Bring to a gentle simmer. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Whiz in batches in a food processor with the single cream, Stilton and seasonings to a coarse consistency. Top with strips of cooked leek and serve with warm crusty granary bread.
Recipe courtesy of British Leeks.