Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into 6 wedges
- 1 large yellow pepper, seeded and cut into wedges
- 1 beef tomato, deseeded and cut into 6 wedges
- 1 zucchini/ courgette, washed and sliced thickly
- 2 cloves garlic, skin on
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp mild curry paste
- 4 oz /125g Basmati rice, washed under cold water
- 1 pint/ 500ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 star anise
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro/ coriander
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper
Heat the oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas 5.
- Place all the vegetables into a large roasting tin, sprinkle the oil over then mix thoroughly making sure all the vegetables are coated.
- Cook in the hot oven for 20 mins until all the vegetables are cooked through and beginning to brown.
- Stir in the curry paste, rice, stock, star anise and turmeric. Cook for a further 20 - 30 minutes until all the stock is absorbed.
- Stir in the herbs and serve.