Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- FOR THE DRESSING
- Juice of 1 clementine
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 pomegranate, halved
- ½ red onion, peeled and coarsely grated
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely grated
- ¼ tsp fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- FOR THE SALAD
- 2 cups cooked, turkey meat, shredded
- 4oz/100g of cashew nuts
- 4 oz/100g dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons ground five-spice
- ½ cup/ small handful fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup/ small handful fresh cilantro/coriander leaves
- 4 large handfuls of mixed salad leaves such as chicory, rocket, spinach,
- 1 tbsp clear honey
Serves 6 as a starter, 4 as a main courseMake the dressing.
- In a large bowl mix the clementine and lime juice. Take one half of the pomegranate and squeeze through your hands to catch any seeds and pith into the bowl add the grated onion and then measure the amount of juice in the bowl.
- Add 3 times of extra virgin olive oil to juice. Add the soy sauce and sesame oil. Add the grated ginger and chilli. Cover and leave to one side.
- Heat a large frying pan on the stove; add the turkey, cashew nuts, cranberries and spice powder. Stir well, lower the heat and leave to infuse for 15 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Turn up the heat under the turkey. Add the honey and stir well. Cook for 5 mins stirring constantly. If serving cold leave the turkey to cool otherwise add the turkey to the salad.
- Place the salad leaves in a large bowl, add the mint and coriander and mix together. Drizzle the dressing over the leaves and stir well to make sure all the leaves are coated with the dressing. Add the turkey.
Take the remaining ½ pomegranate, hold over the salad and remove the fruit by tapping the skin with the back of a spoon. Mix again and serve.