This lovely, simple and easy recipe is courtesy of Thane Prince in her lovely book
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 4lb/1.8 kg rowan berries, washed and stalks removed
- 3 lb/ 1.4 kg cooking apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 1 lb/ 450g white sugar for each pint/ 600 ml juice
- Put all the fruit in a large preserving pan and barely cover with water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes or until the fruit is soft. Allow to drip through a jelly bag overnight.
- Measure the juice and weigh out the correct amount of sugar. Add the juice and sugar to the cleaned preserving pan, and simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes until the sugar has dissolved.
- Increase the heat and cook at a full rolling boil for 5 minutes, then test for a set. (see tips on jelly making below). When the jelly has reached setting point, pot into hot, sterilized jars, seal and label.