The quickest, and simplest starter dish is a Prawn Cocktail. With this Prawn Cocktail recipe you can see just how quick it is. If you don't have any creamed horseradish to hand, just add tomato ketchup for a tasty sauce.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups peeled, cooked prawns or shrimp
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp creamed horseradish sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 cups shredded Romaine or iceberg lettuce
- 1 lime, quartered
- 4 large, cooked prawns, shelled with tail on
- Place the prawns, mayonnaise, creamed horseradish and tomato ketchup into a mixing bowl. Stir to combine all the ingredients; make sure all the prawns or shrimp are coated in sauce .
- Divide the shredded lettuce between 4 large wine glasses and top with the prawns and sauce.
- Decorate with a wedge of lime and a large prawn on the edge of the glass and serve with small slices of buttered brown bread.