Don't get too hung up on the quantities; if you like more spinach, or you prefer watercress then go for it. Whatever you add will be great.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 450g /1lb fresh, baby spinach, washed
- 450g/1lb fresh watercress, washed
- 125g/ ¼ lb ruccola/rocket, washed
- 1 litre / 35 fl oz vegetable stock (if not fresh use a good stock cube)
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 8
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a stock pot or large saucepan. Sauté the onion for five minutes, then add the garlic cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach, watercress and rocket to the onion and stir.
- Add the vegetable stock and potato.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a gentle simmer and cook until the potato is soft but not broken up.
- Blend the soup using a hand blender or food processor. Season to taste and serve or (optional)serve with bread croutons or with a little creme fraiche stirred through if you are not watching your weight.