Always ensure the cod you buy is from a sustainable source. Your fishmonger should be able to advise you.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 4 skinless cod fillets
- Vegetable oil
- 4 oz/110g fresh white breadcrumbs
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsps chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C/Gas7.
- Lightly grease a shallow baking dish with a little vegetable oil. Place the cod in the dish and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, juice and herbs.
- In a separate small bowl mix the mayonnaise and mustard, season with salt and pepper, then spread evenly onto the cod. Top with the breadcrumb and herb mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18 - 20 minutes or until the fish is just done and the crust golden and crunchy.