This Decadent Chocolate Cream is a wholly indulgent recipe for dessert. It is quick, simple and easy to prepare and makes a superb dessert for special occasions such as Valentines Day
- or simply make it whenever you feel you want a treat. You are worth it.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 500ml / 17 fl oz milk
- 1 vanilla pod, split
- 75g / 3 oz sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp cornflour/ cornstarch
- 350g / 12 oz dark, good quality cooking chocolate
- Place the vanilla pod into the milk. Bring to a boil. Once boiling turn the heat down and simmer for five minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the sugar, egg yolks and cornflour together until fluffy and pale.
- Remove the vanilla pod from the milk, scarp the seeds from the pod and pop them back into the milk.
- Whisking continuously, slowly add the hot milk to the egg mixture.
- Place the chocolate on a chopping board and cut into tiny shavings using a sharp knife.
- Place the chocolate shavings in another large bowl and pour the hot milk and egg mixture over the chocolate stirring until all the chocolate is melted and mixed thoroughly with the milk.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes stirring from time to time.
- Pour into serving glasses or dishes and chill in the refrigerator.
Decorate with grated chocolate or fresh fruit as desired.