This Decadent Chocolate Cream is a wholly indulgent Chocolate Cream Recipe for dessert. It is quick, simple and easy to prepare and makes a superb dessert for special occasions such as Valentines Day
. Or, make it simply whenever you want a treat.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 17 fl oz/500ml milk
- 1 vanilla pod, split
- 3 oz/75g sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp cornstarch/cornflour
- 12 oz /350g dark, good quality cooking chocolate
Bring the milk to the boil with the split vanilla pod. At boiling turn the heat down and simmer for five minutes.
In a large bowl whisk the sugar, egg yolks and cornflour until fluffy and pale.
- Remove the vanilla pod from the milk.
- Whisking continuously, slowly add the hot milk to the egg mixture.
- Place the chocolate on a chopping board and cut into tiny shavings using a sharp knife.
- Place the chocolate shavings in another large bowl and pour the hot milk and egg mixture over the chocolate stirring until all the chocolate is melted and mixed thoroughly with the milk.
Leave to cool for 10 minutes stirring from time to time.
- Pour into serving glasses or dishes and chill in the refrigerator.
Decorate with grated chocolate or fresh fruit as desired.