For all you fans of Brussels sprouts, here is something a little different. However, if you don’t like such a strong taste from the sprouts, you can blanch them in boiling water for 2 minutes and then run under cold water before cooking in the vegetable stock but reduce the final cooking time. Delicious served with pan-fried steak. Try adding chopped almonds just before serving to give this dish a bit of crunch.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb/ 250g Brussels sprouts, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 10 fl oz/ 300ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Pinch salt, pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- Cut the Brussels sprouts in half.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the Brussels sprouts and fry for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and carefully pour in the vegetable stock and stir in the mustard and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil, simmer uncovered for 3-4 minutes until the Brussels sprouts are tender. Stir in the honey and serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy of Think Vegetables UK