The apple and juniper berries compliment the flavor of sprouts and turn them into a very tasty vegetable dish. Try serving these sprouts as a deliciously fruity accompaniment to your Christmas turkey.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb/ 250g Brussels sprouts, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 large apple, Bramley or Cox's
- 8 fl oz/ 250ml apple juice
- 1 tbsp juniper berries
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the brussels sprouts by cutting a cross in the bottom of each each. Cut the apple into quarters, remove the core and slice thinly.
- Pour the apple juice into a pan and bring to the boil. Add the sprouts and the sliced apple. Crush the juniper berries, add to the pan and season.
- Simmer gently, uncovered for 5-6 minutes, or until the sprouts are tender. Serve straight away.
Recipe courtesy of Think Vegetables, UK