Brandy Butter is the perfect accompaniment to Mince Pies and Christmas Pudding. Brandy Butter recipe is so easy and quick you'll never buy it from a shop again.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 4 oz/ 100g soft, unsalted butter
- 8 oz/ 225g icing sugar
- 3 - 5 tbsp brandy or Cognac
- Place the soft butter into a large baking bowl. Beat with an electric hand whisk until light and creamy.
- Add the icing sugar and beat again until all the sugar is incorporated.
- Add the brandy or Cognac to taste and stir well. If you add too much brandy the mixture may curdle. If it does, don't worry, just add more icing sugar until the mixture binds back together.
- Spoon the butter into a serving dish, cover and store in the fridge until required.