Whether it is a Christmas, Thanksgiving or a Sunday roast chicken
or turkey, one favourite British stuffing is a Sage and Onion Stuffing. This sage and onion stuffing recipe is simple, quick and easy to make and brings lovely flavours to any roast bird and roast pork
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1lb/450g pork sausage meat
- 2 level tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
- 2 level tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 oz/25g fresh white breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
To prepare the stuffing.
- In a large bowl mix together the onion, pork sausage meat, herbs, breadcrumbs and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Slip your fingers under the skin at the neck end of the turkey or chicken and loosen to create a cavity over the breast. Stuff the neck end with the onion and sage stuffing up to the breast. Tuck the loose skin underneath and secure with a fine metal skewer.
- Cooke as per your recipe.