Don't feel restricted to just using strawberries in the Pimm's jelly recipe. you can ring the changes with other summer fruits, raspberries work very well.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 - 6 jellies
- 4 oz/115g golden super fine/caster sugar
- ½ cup/100ml water
- Juice of half a lemon
- ½ oz/12g gelatine leaves
- ¾ cup/175ml Pimm’s No. 1
- 2 cups/500ml diet fizzy lemonade
- 8 oz/250g fresh strawberries, roughly chopped
- Few torn fresh mint leaves
- Place the sugar into a small saucepan, add the water and lemon juice, stir. Gently dissolve the sugar over a low heat. Once dissolved simmer for a few minutes then remove from the heat.
- Break the gelatine leaves into small pieces and cover with cold water. Leave to soak for 5 minutes then add to the sugar solution and stir until thoroughly dissolved.
- Pour the sugar syrup into a bowl, add the Pimm’s and the lemonade. Place the bowl over a bowl of iced water and leave to cool until the jelly is just starting to set – about 30 minutes. If you stir the jelly from time to time this will speed up the process.
- As soon as the jelly begins to set add the strawberries and stir, add the mint leaves and stir again.
- Pour the jelly into large wine glasses, or glass bowls and place in the refrigerator, preferably overnight.
- Serve with extra strawberries and mint and cream or vanilla ice cream.
This Pimm's Jelly Recipe is based on a recipe by Gordon Ramsay.