This Rum sauce recipe is so easy to make and can also be made a day or two in advance and refrigerated then simply reheated when the pudding is ready.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2oz/55g butter
- 2oz/55g plain flour
- 1 pint/570ml milk
- 2oz/55g fine/caster sugar
- 5 tbsp dark Rum
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat, add the flour and stir to create a thick paste. Cook for 1 minute taking care not to burn.
- Using a hand whisk, slowly add the milk, stirring vigorously. Continue whisking until thick smooth sauce is formed (about 5 minutes). Do not have the heat too high or the base of the sauce may burn.
- Add the sugar and whisk until dissolved. Lower the heat and cook for 5 minutes stirring from time to time.
- Finally add the Rum and serve with the Christmas pudding.