It keeps for up to two weeks in the fridge, and also freezes very well for up to 6 months.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 6 large eggs
- Juice and zest of 6 unwaxed lemons
- 1½ sticks / 6oz unsalted butter
- 1½ lbs/675g sugar
- Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Put the zest, juice and sugar, butter and beaten eggs into a large basin over a pan of simmering water.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until thick and curd coats the back of the spoon.
- Pour into warm sterilized jars, cover with greaseproof paper or a lid and store in the refrigerator. Eat within 2 weeks or freeze for up to 6 months.