Making pancakes is quick and easy, make sure you make plenty, they are always very popular.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Resting time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: Depends on size of pan
- 225g / 8 oz plain flour or all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 2 large, fresh eggs
- 600ml / 2½ cups/ milk
- 2 tsp melted butter plus melted butter for cooking
Makes 12 pancakes
- Sieve the flour into a large baking bowl,add the salt. Make a well in the center of the flour and add the eggs and beat well until smooth and lump free.
- Add half the milk and the 2 tsp of butter, beat well. Add the remaining milk and stir.
- Leave the batter to rest for 15 minutes.
- Lightly grease a pancake pan or frying pan with a little melted butter, heat until very hot and add a ladle of batter to evenly and thinly coat the base of the pan. Cook until set and lightly golden. Flip over (if you are really brave try tossing the pancake in the air, great fun) and cook on the other side for approx 30 seconds.
- Remove the pancake from the pan, place on a sheet of kitchen paper and keep warm. Continue as above until all the batter is used up.