Simply a delicious way to serve wonderful British radishes in this Indian Spiced Radishes and Pumpkin Recipe. Serve with chapattis or dahl.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 800g pumpkin or squash, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 3 tbsp nut oil
- ½ tsp dried chili flakes
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 2 curry leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced or finely grated
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 20 radishes, sliced into thick rounds
- 2 fresh, ripe tomatoes, chopped
- Cook the pumpkin in boiling water for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain and set to one side.
- Heat a large frying pan, add the oil and once hot add the chilli, turmeric, cumin, mustard seeds and curry leaves and cook for a minute or two until they are fragrant taking care to not burn. Add the garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté for one minute, add the radishes followed by the pumpkin. Season with a good pinch of salt and cook until the vegetables are tender and just about to start to crisp on the outside.
- Stir through the chopped tomatoes and serve with chapattis