Beetroot and pasta is a lovely combination, but for a change try this lovely summer recipe for Golden Beetroot Pasta. Golden beetroot has a slightly milder flavour than the regular one and is a vibrant, bright yellow, which brings a splash of colour to any dish. Combined with fresh herb pesto and fresh spicy rocket the Golden Beetroot pasta dish is also very healthy.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 4 tennis-ball sized, warm roasted Golden beetroot (recipe for roast beetroot)
- 300g cooked, hot fresh, penne pasta
- 2 tbsp fresh herb pesto
- Handful washed ruccola/rocket
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Remove the skin and any root or remaining stalk from the hot, roasted beetroot. Chop the beetroot into small dice, keep warm.
- Place the cooked pasta into a warmed, large serving bowl. Add the pesto and stir thoroughly.
- Add the ruccola/rocket, stir again then finally add the cooked beetroot.
- Drizzle the pasta with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and serve immediately with a fresh green salad and crusty bread.