The Bottom Line
- A crisp, dry, well balanced flavor.
- Small batch distilled, hand crafted, Scottish Gin.
- Uniquely made from five Celtic botanicals and Scottish spring water.
- Botanical graphics influenced by the Scottish Art Nouveau movement.
- As yet (2009) not widely available
Guide Review - Drink Review - Caorunn Scottish Gin
I tasted the gin on its own and 1 to 3 parts Schweppes tonic and lime. With tonic some of the subtle notes of the gin were lost and so next time I will use less tonic and as Caorunn recommends with a slice of apple not lime.
Drunk on its own, the gin was crisp, dry and exceedingly well-balanced, rounded and soft yet still full-bodied.
The packaging of the gin is far too lovely to tuck away in a drinks cabinet. The bottle is a pleasing and unusual shape - the base of the bottle is five sided to represent the 5 botanicals in the blend - with graphics influenced by the Scottish Art Nouveau movement.