Later it became a thickened cream dessert, flavored usually with honey and lemon. Three ingredients make this a quick, easy and light, dessert.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 ¼ cups/500ml heavy/double cream
- 3 lemons, juiced, zest removed and cut into strips
- 1 tbsp honey
- Place the cream, lemon zest and juice into a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil. Remove from the heat and leave to infuse for 30 minutes.
- Strain the cream through a fine sieve into a jug then return to the pan and bring back to a gentle boil. Add the honey and stir. Simmer gently for 5 minutes until the cream starts to thicken.
- Leave the cream to cool slightly then pour into 6 ramekin dishes filling two-thirds full. Leave to cool then chill in the refrigerator until set (about 2 hours).