This crumble also works well with regular outdoor grown rhubarb, so don't worry when forced rhubarb is not in season.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 12 stalks of fresh rhubarb, washed, cut into 5cm/ 2" pieces
- 4 tbsp water
- 8 tbsp fine sugar
- 110g/ 4oz butter, cut into small cubes
- 110g/ 4 oz fine sugar
- 180g/6oz plain flour
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Place the rhubarb, water and sugar into a 4cm/1½in deep ovenproof dish.
- In a baking bowl rub the butter, sugar and flour together until it resembles fine sand, then sprinkle over the rhubarb.
- Bake in the oven until light brown on the surface, approx 45 mins - 1 hour.
- Serve piping hot from the oven with custard or ice cream.