This cupcake contains a large helping of mincemeat and some of the same spices found in a Christmas Cake - no wonder it's a great treat at Christmas.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: Makes 12 large, 16 medium size.
- 4 oz/115g butter, softened
- 8 oz/230g caster sugar
- 2tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 8 oz/230g all-purpose /plain flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs, large
- 5 oz/140g mincemeat
- Â½ tsp mixed spice
- Â½ tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 tsp brandy, optional
- 3 oz/85g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tbsp Cointreau, or preferred liqueur, or brandy
To Make the Christmas Cup Cakes
- In a large roomy baking bowl, place the butter and sugar and beat together until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla bean paste or extract and stir.
- One by one add the eggs beating really well after each addition.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together. Fold into the butter-sugar in three parts, making sure each is fully incorporated before adding the next.
- Finally stir in the mincemeat, spices and brandy if using.
- Place cupcake cases into a muffin tin. Fill each case 2/3 full and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the cakes are golden brown and well risen. Cool on a wire rack before icing.