Cup cakes are always delicious but add some Baileys Irish Cream liqueur and a cup cake transforms into a real 'grown-up' treat.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 4 oz/ 100g butter
- 3½ fl oz/ 100ml milk
- 5½ oz/150g dark chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa solids
- 3 large eggs
- 8 oz/ 225g fine/caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 8 oz/ 225g self rising flour
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- ***For the Frosting***
- 2 oz/ 50g butter
- 8 oz/ 225g confectioners /icing sugar
- 3 tbsp Baileys Irish Cream
- 3½ oz/100g cream cheese
- Chocolate sprinkles / Hundreds amnd Thousands
Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas4
- Melt the butter over a low heat with the milk and chocolate, stirring.
- Meanwhile cream the eggs and sugars together with an electric whisk until thick, pale and creamy – this will take about 6-8 minutes. With the whisk still running add the chocolate mixture in a steady slow stream.
- Once mixed, sieve over the flour and cocoa and fold in. Spoon into 16 muffin cases in a deep muffin tin and bake for about 20 minutes or until the cupcakes are risen and springy to touch.
- While they cool, make the frosting. Put all the ingredients into a bowl and beat with a hand held electric whisk or wooden spoon until combined. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Spoon over the cooled cakes and sprinkle with decorations of your choice or tie with colored ribbons as seen in the picture.