Who can ever resist a chocolate truffle? A Chocolate truffle recipe is so easy to follow, even one from celebrity chef Heston Blumenthal. Chef Blumenthal devised this lovely Caraway Chocolate Truffle recipe for the Sick Children's Trust to raise money throughout National Chocolate Week. Give them a try, they are delicious.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 oz/30g Caraway Seeds + Extra for Garnish
- 11oz/330g Whipping Cream
- 1 Orange, zested
- 10oz /300g Valrhona Araguani 72% Chocolate
- Tiny pinch salt
- Pre-Heat and oven to 300°F/150°C. Roast the caraway in the oven for 6 minutes.
- Place the cream, orange zest and caraway in a pan and bring to 175°F/80°C. Take off the heat and allow to infuse for 8 minutes.
- Place the chocolate and salt in a large bowl and gently melt over a Bain-Marie (pan of simmering hot water).
- Strain the cream mix and add it to the chocolate in 3 parts, mixing well with a spatula. Make sure the chocolate is above 95°F/35°C while mixing.
- Once all the cream has been mixed use a hand blender to fully emulsify the chocolate and achieve a nice shine (make sure you don't incorporate air into the mix).
- When the mix has cooled to 82°F/28°C, pour into a metal tray lined with plastic wrap. sheets. Leave to set at room temperature.
- To serve: cut with a warm knife and dust with cocoa powder. Align 3 roasted caraway seeds on top each chocolate.