If you don't have any poultry stock in your freezer, don't panic, you can use a ready made stock, or a good quality stock cube.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 3/4 litre gravy
- 1¼ pints/1 liter poultry stock
- 2 tbsp all purpose/plain flour
- ¼ pint/150 ml dry white wine
- 2 tsp redcurrant jelly
- Pour all the juices from the roasting tin or foil in which you have roasted your chicken into a bowl or jug.
- Spoon off all the fat which will float to the surface and discard. Place the roasting tin in which you cooked the bird on a high heat on the stove top, add the flour and stir to scrape up all the sediment from the tin. Cook for one minute.
- Pour in the wine and stir well then add the stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken juices, minus the fat, bring back to the boil and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the redcurrant jelly stir until dissolved then strain through a fine sieve into a gravy boat or serving jug.