1. Food

Elaine Lemm

Warming Food - A Bowl of Soup

By September 25, 2008

Photo © graffeg
Cock-Leekie Soup Photo © graffeg
What better way to keep out those autumn chills than with a bowl of warm, nourishing soup.

Soups can be eaten as a starter dish, or with a heftier portion as a main course, especially if accompanied with crusty bread and butter. These two recipes† Cauliflower, Broccoli and Mustard Soup, and Vegetable and Bean Soup are filling dishes, more like supper in a bowl.

Soup is quick and easy to make and if full of fresh, vegetables, healthy. Whenever I make soup I always prepare ingredients to make a huge pot full as most recipes will freeze well ensuring I always have a tasty meal on hand.

An added bonus of making soup in these times of rising prices is that generally they are made from cheap and readily available ingredients like vegetables and cheaper cuts of meat.

Easy Soup Recipes

Comments

September 25, 2008 at 9:22 am
(1) Deb says:

It’s definitely the time of year when I start thinking about soup. I love how many different kinds there are, and how you can make a new one with whatever you’ve got in the fridge. Plus, soup is a great way to lose weight!

September 25, 2008 at 11:11 am
(2) Brenda says:

Hi Elain ,

Thought you should know about this great site

May 20, 2013 at 2:13 pm
(3) tv guide says:

When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a
comment is added I get four emails with the same comment.
Is there any way you can remove people from that
service? Many thanks!

May 28, 2013 at 6:24 am
(4) britishfood says:

Will look into, am not sure I can do anything from this end but will pass it on to our support team.

October 4, 2013 at 7:47 pm
(5) minecraft compte premium says:

Excellent blog you have got here.. Itís hard to find quality writing like yours nowadays. I really appreciate people like you! Take care!!

March 18, 2014 at 3:38 pm
(6) how to get rid of whiteheads says:

Great website you have here but I was curious if you knew of any message boards that cover the same topics discussed here?
I’d really love to be a part of online community where I can get advice from
other experienced individuals that share the
same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
Thank you!